The New Directions School is a Chapter 766 private school licensed by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). New Directions School provides special education services to 30 students, many of whom are in the NCCF residential program and a number of day students. Using an alternative approach to education, New Directions School fosters creativity, motivation, and students’ pride in their achievement. Increasingly, New Directions School provides families with integrated resource help in the broader educational community.
- Adheres to Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks
- Offers individualized instruction designed to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Supports creative and responsibility-promoting educational approaches including the incorporation of dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Integrates social and emotional components throughout the curriculum and the school experience
- Employs dedicated, experienced, and caring teachers and support staff
- Provides weekly individual and family therapy as part of the therapeutic approach
- Offers extracurricular activities and skills building including wood-shop, organic vegetable garden, and soon to be constructed contemporary gym and OT space
- Operates 12 months per year
During summer months students participate in high-interest, interactive, thematic academic or work opportunities on campus and in the community.