Northampton Center for Children and Families (NCCF) is an innovative residential program known throughout New England and nationally for its incorporation of dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) into both its residential and clinical approaches. The program serves children and adolescents from ages 8 to 18.
NCCF provides individually focused treatment plans, counseling, and behavioral structures for the children and youth in residence. In addition to typical home-life activities such as homework, personal care, and chores, the young people work to repair behavioral issues, participate in group meetings, and take part in on- and off-campus social and recreational activities. Family involvement is welcome, and indeed, considered essential to the program’s success.
Small group living environment:
- 6-7 youth per house
- 3:1 staff to youth ratios
- Total of 22 youth on campus
- Social and recreational activities
Individualized treatment plans including:
- Weekly individual and family therapy (more frequently if needed)
- DBT informed residential and clinical treatment tailored to each youth’s specific needs
- Family–focused, strength based team approach
Friendly, caring environment for youth and families
- Frequent family visits on and off campus
- Family participation in campus activities and events
Specialized treatment services:
- Integration of DBT throughout all levels of the program
- Integration of state-of-the-art Occupational Therapy (OT) services
- Trauma focused practice integrating advanced understanding about neurological and developmental needs
- Intensive and Family In-home Treatment (IFIT) and post-residential services (for DMH and DCF youth and families)
One of the strengths of the NCCF program is our integrated wraparound approach to working with families incorporating the values of:
- Family Voice and Choice
- Cultural Competency
- Needs-Driven/Strengths-Based approaches
NCCF is licensed by the Department of Early Education and Childhood (EEC) in Massachusetts. We serve primarily referrals from the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health (DMH) and the Department of Children and Families (DCF) youth. We also accept referrals from area school districts, private referral sources, and the Department of Youth Services (DYS). For more information about referrals, please email, firstname.lastname@example.org.