This evidence based course is suitable for nurses, physicians, massage therapists, occupational therapy practitioners, physical therapists, counselors, acupuncturists, and other health professionals.
Please read the entire description.
The CCAP certification course is divided into four modules over 12 months, with a 5th week session for the exam component. Each module runs from 9 am to 6 pm on a Saturday and Sunday. Each module costs $375 and there are 14.33 contact hours per module.
- Module 1 (May 18-19, 2019): introduces the core concepts of clinical aromatherapy: history, taxonomy, extraction, safety, evidence-based and research driven. 10 essential oils are introduced.
- Module 2 (Sept. 21-22, 2019): outlines the chemistry of essential oils, functional groups and 10 more essential oils are introduced.
- Module 3 (Nov. 30- Dec. 1, 2019): covers the use of essential oils for immune support, cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, muscular skeletal, and stress control within a healthcare framework. Tutorial on student exam project.
- Module 4 (March 14-15, 2020): covers women’s health, pediatrics, elderly, chronic pain, cancer, and palliative care. Integration: policies and protocols. Exam preparation and second tutorial on exam project. 10 new essential oils are introduced.
- Two-Part Certificate Exam (May 2-3, 2020): is a written paper and presentation of project. Results are externally assessed. Successful completion of both parts is required for certification as a Certified Clinical Aromatherapy Practitioner (CCAP). Each participant must also complete 40 case studies over the course of the year.
Additional associated costs:
- Participants must purchase the book: Clinical Aromatherapy: Essential Oils in Healthcare (3rd ed.) by Jane Buckle PhD. and bring to each module.
- Essential Oils, which vary in price from $100-$150 per module, must be purchased on site from the presenter.
Payment for the first module can be set up through Eventbrite and must be paid in full prior to the course (refundable only if the class does not go ahead). It must be paid by April 1, 2019 to reserve your spot for the module 1 class.
Full payment for all modules and the exam session is required before module 2 and can be paid to Cutchins directly. Contact email@example.com to arrange payment in full for the rest of the modules and exam.
About Jane Buckle PhD RN
Dr. Buckle created this course following an extensive clinical aromatherapy training. Dr. Buckle carried out one of the earliest aromatherapy clinical trials in a hospital. She has a B Phil in Complementary Medicine (UK), an MA in Clinical Aromatherapy (UK) and a PhD in Health Management (USA) and was an NIH-funded research fellow in CAM at the Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the University of Pennsylvania. She is the author of Clinical Aromatherapy: Essential Oils in Healthcare (Churchill Livingstone).
Kathleen Duffy, LPN, MH, CCAP-I
Kathleen is a nurse, medical herbalist, Certified Clinical Aromatherapy Practitioner and instructor for RJBA since 2000.
Tina Champagne, OT, OTD, FAOTA, CCAP
Tina is an occupational therapist and the CEO of Cutchins Programs for Children and Families. She is also an international consultant, trainer and Certified Clinical Aromatherapy Practitioner.
For more information, please contact:
- Rowen Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org
CEU’s are awarded through AHNA for Nurses, and NCBTMB for LMT’s. Contact hours are provided to occupational therapy practitioners.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
*This program is endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Association (ahna.org)