Last updated on October 5, 2022.
- We are THE CUTCHINS PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN & FAMILIES, INC. a Massachusetts nonprofit corporation with offices located at 78 Pomeroy Terrace, Northampton, MA 01060, USA.
- We do not sell the personal data you share with us, nor will we ever sell your personal data without your express prior written consent.
- You hereby consent to the transfer of your personal information into the United States, even if the data protection laws applicable in the United States are different from or otherwise provide less protection than the laws of your own country. CPCF may store and/or process your personal information in any country where CPCF is located and/or wherever its third-party service providers are located.
- By using the Website, you consent to such transfer of your information to countries outside your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While your information is outside of your country, it shall be subject to the applicable laws of the country in which it is located and may be subject to compulsory disclosure (including to governmental agencies of such other country), pursuant to the laws of such country.
- As stated in our Terms and Conditions, the minimum age required to access the Website is at least eighteen (18) years old. We do not knowingly collect the personal information of any child under the age of thirteen (13) without first obtaining consent from their parent or guardian. If you have reason to believe that the personal data of a child under the age of thirteen (13) has been sent to or otherwise collected by CPCF without parental consent, please reach out to us at email@example.com
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We rely upon third-party service providers (including but not limited to Paypal, Square, Qtego, EventBrite, RunReg and Pledge Reg, Google Analytics, Facebook, Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp, and Constant Contact) (collectively, our “Partners”) to help us provide information, products, or services to you. Examples include processing credit card payments; search engine optimization; assisting in event registration; performing statistical analysis about those who visit our Website and how they interact with it; managing our marketing, donations, and customer service efforts; and improving our Website. These Partners are committed to safeguarding your personal information and we do not authorize them to use your personal data that we share except for the limited purposes for which we engage them. To the extent that you send us an email, submit a ‘Contact Us’ form, or call our offices, we may collect and retain a record of your contact information and the content of your communications. We will automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Website, whether directly or through authorized third party Partners. The extent of the information that we collect may include:
- Information collected via Partners’ cookies, pixels, web beacons, and similar technologies that collect information about which actions you take on the Website and how you otherwise interact with our Website. To learn more about cookies, visit the following website: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Our Partners may use these technologies to collect certain data to assist us in our advertising efforts, and the data may also be transferred and processed by the Partner for their own respective direct marketing purposes.
- Technical information regarding your: (i) device (e.g., hardware-related details such as your device name), (ii) internet and network connection (e.g., your IP address), and (iii) software (e.g., operating system and browser information), among other technical details.
- Metrics information about when and how you use the Website, such as: (i) the date and time that you access the Website; and (ii) how you interact with our Website.
- Personally identifiable information such as your name and contact information.
- Because we rely on a trusted third-party Partners to process your payments, we do not collect (or retain) any of your payment information. Whenever you make a payment through our Website, we may receive a notice that identifies: (i) the account associated with such transaction, (ii) the date of the transaction, and (iii) the transaction amount. We do not retain or store any of your payment details.
- DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
- DATA USE
- We may use your personal data to perform our obligations arising out of our agreements with you.
- We may use your personal data to further our legitimate business interests, including but not limited to communication with you (e.g., via email and in response to any ‘contact us’ form submissions) and to enforce our agreements with you (including our Terms and Conditions); to notify you about changes to the Website; to provide, maintain, and to protect and improve the Website and the Services.
- To the extent that we are required by applicable laws, we will comply with law enforcement (such as in response to a warrant or court-ordered subpoena) and intellectual property protection obligations (including but not limited to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act).
- If you opt to sign up for our marketing services (such as our newsletter), community events, or training services, you consent to our engaging our Partners on your behalf and you agree that we may furnish them with your personal information as reasonably necessary to deliver any such services as you request or otherwise allow.
- As mentioned above, we rely on certain third-party Partners in order run our Website. We may provide your personal information to these trusted Partners on our behalf.We won’t share your personal information with any third-party Partner unless appropriate safeguards (including contracts) are in place. Please note that our third-party partners may independently collect data about you as well. We strongly suggest that you carefully review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any website before submitting any of your personal information.
- HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We may retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which your information was collected, or as long as may otherwise be permitted under applicable law. The jurisdiction in which you live may provide you with a legal right to object to our collection and use of your data, but if you avail yourself of such rights, then the Website may not function as intended, or otherwise become unavailable. We may also retain your personal information in order to comply with applicable legal obligations, resolve disputes, maintain appropriate business records and to otherwise enforce our contractual rights.
- YOUR DATA RIGHTS
You may enjoy certain rights regarding the treatment of how your personal information is collected and used, which can vary depending on where you live.
- If you wish to opt into our newsletter or other marketing communications, you can exercise your right to opt out using the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of such emails.
- You can deactivate certain kinds of cookies that we may deploy, however doing so may cause Website to become unavailable or nonfunctional. You may toggle your browser preferences or settings to tun on Do Not Track (“DNT”) requests. There is currently no industry-wide consensus about how companies should respond to such DNT requests. Until such consensus is achieved, we will not honor DNT requests. Similarly, our third-party partners (such as analytics companies and ad networks) may collect information about you and your online activities, over time, across third-party websites, and including while using the Website. We do not obligate these third parties to change their tracking practices in response to your DNT settings.
- Under California’s ‘Shine the Light’ law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us have the right to request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information that we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. You may submit requests for such information in writing, to our address listed above, but please allow thirty (30) days for a response.
- Some residents may enjoy additional rights (for example, residents of Colorado). These heightened rights may include the right to opt out of the processing of your personal data for the purpose of targeted advertising, the sale of personal data, or profiling; to access your personal data that we have collected; to request that we correct your personal data; to request that we delete your personal data; and to request that we provide you with a copy of all your personal data in a portable and, to the extent it is technically feasible, readily usable format. We will use reasonable efforts to fulfill your requests, but we reserve the right to refuse requests that we deem unreasonably repetitive, infringe upon the privacy of others, or as may be otherwise permitted under applicable law. You may submit requests for such information or action in writing, to our address listed above, but please allow forty five (45) days for a response.
- In some instances, by exercising these rights or by withdrawing your consent, the Website may malfunction or become unavailable, even if you have paid for certain access or services made available on the Website.
- If you have any questions about these rights, or if you would like to exercise them, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to appeal an action we have taken with regard to a request you have made regarding your personal information, please contact: email@example.com